Phew! We’ve made it to the final day of Christmas craft week.
I think I’ve saved the best for last…
I adore The White Company, everything is just so classic, stylish and dreamy. When I visited their Bluewater store they had the most amazing wreaths hanging from their ceiling.
Immediately my brain was whirring, how could I make my own version?
Why had I never thought of having a wreath chandelier before?
So here’s what I came up with.
You will need:
- 3x artificial wreaths – I chose 1 medium and 2 small from hobbycraft
- Suspension hooks
- A selection of baubles or hanging decorations
- Green thread or wire
- Snow spray (optional)
- Work out what heights you want your wreath chandeliers to be. I started with the largest wreath and hung the next one 15cm higher and the next one 30cm higher.
- Cut 2 pieces of twine for each wreath. They need to be 2x the height you want them to hang at.
- Tie the ends of the twine to the opposite sides of each wreath, then turn 90 degrees and repeat.
- Arrange the decorations to hang from the wreath and secure them on with thread or wire.
- Place the hooks in the ceiling in a triangle formation, experiment first to find out the perfect distances.
- Hang the wreaths.
- Spray with a little snow spray.
I’m so happy with how these turned out.
Alternatively, you could stick with one and hang the decorations at different lengths.
Well, sadly that wraps up Christmas craft week on the blog. It’s been a lot of fun, but there’s only so much Christmas crafting you can take and I think I’ve reached my limit now.
If you missed any Christmas crafts, or you just want to re-live the good times, here’s days 1-6!
- Personalised Bauble
- Snow scene in a jar
- Star Garland
- Festive shadow box
- Salt dough tree decorations
- Noel letters
Have you attempted any yet? Let me know in the comments below.
I’ll be back tomorrow, with an exciting announcement.