Seven days of DIY Christmas decorations, with simple step-by-step tutorials.
Something EXCITING is happening on the blog this week!
Well, it is if you like Christmas decorations and crafts (which I’m hoping you do). Not only will I be blogging every single day this week … pause for dramatic effect … I will be sharing simple tutorials for creating fantastic, unique Christmas decorations.
If crafts are not your thing, sorry about that. I’ll be back next week with my usual rambling on the usual days, so I’ll catch you then. Why not have a read of this in the meantime?
Today I’m starting with a super simple craft that you can probably do right now, with your own craft supplies.
Personalised Christmas Bauble
All you need is:
- A bauble (white works best)
- A sharpie
- Some pretty ribbon or twine
You may also want adhesive letters, or you can make your own template using card, a craft knife and glue dots.
- Depending on your artistic abilities, you can simply write a name straight onto the bauble. I usually go to DaFont, find a script font I like and type the name I want to write in to the previewer. Then then copy it freehand. Unsurprisingly it’s quite difficult to write on a bauble and you may need to go over the writing a couple of times to get the desired effect.
- If that all sounds a bit complicated, or the name is too long, then try the monogram option. Print the letter in a font you like on to card and then cut out using a craft knife. Stick the letter you want onto the bauble using glue dots and stretching them to fit your letter. Start making dots around the outline with your sharpie. As you get further away from the letter’s edge make the dots lighter. Leave it to dry for a few minutes and then carefully peel the letter and glue dot off.
- Tie some pretty ribbon or twine on it and that’s all!
You have your very own personalised Christmas bauble. They would also be a lovely gift or you could use it as a fancy gift tag.
I’ll be back tomorrow with another tutorial, so stay tuned. Ooh it’s like my very own mini craft tutorial advent calendar.
Do you make your own Christmas decorations? Let me know in the comments below.
Why not pin this for later?