I know we’re only a few days in to March, but I’ve been hitting the shops hard! I’ve picked up some great home accessories, so I thought I would share them with you in today’s Next, Matalan and Primark homeware haul.
So, would you like to delve in to my metaphorical shopping basket? Oh, of course you would! Let’s start here….
Conveniently an enormous new Next store been built just fifteen minutes away from where I live. Obviously I had to pop over and check it out – it would have been rude not to – and I was not disappointed! The homeware section was massive and heavenly! I was on the hunt for some new bedding and if you’ve seen my post about how much I love denim blue right now, it’ll be no surprise that I decided to go for:
- Cotton Chambray bed set, Next, King size £35
- Embroidered cross stitch cushion, Next, £14
- Cotton rich plain dye fitted sheet – king size, Next, £17
- Cotton rich plain dye Oxford pillow cases, Next, £6
- Throw, Primark, £4
I love it all, especially the cross stitch cushion! I’m not a fan of too many cushions on the bed, because I find it frustrating to have to take them all off before bed, but I can make an exception for this one. I opted for a fitted sheet and pillow cases in ‘desert sand’ (or a deep coral colour to you and me). I’ve always bought white or cream sheets in the past and I thought it would be nice to try something new. I must say that the bedding is extremely soft and cosy too.
If you’ve seen my post about the plans for my son’s dinosaur themed bedroom makeover, then you’ll know that we are in the middle of redecorating his room. I’ve started collecting a few accessories ready for the big reveal in a few weeks time,
- Fitted sheet, £8, Matalan – How cute is this dino footprint fitted sheet? I know he’s going to love it and I really like the trend of a single colour duvet and a patterned sheet underneath.
- Fabric flag, £4, Matalan – I also got this fabric flag, with adorable navy pom pom trim, which I think will look great hanging on the wall.
Lately I’ve been loving all things green and leafy, which made me think I want to bring some colour into my formerly monochrome and gold office. There will be an office update tour coming soon, but in the meantime here’s a sneak peek at a few bits I’ve got so far.
- Palm leaf and guaicwood fragrance candle jar, Next, £5 – this smells so good, I just couldn’t resist it. If you like tropical scents, I’m sure you’ll love it too. Perfect for my desk.
- Gold leaf dish, primark, £3 – A great bargain! I thought this would be the perfect dish for storing post-it notes.
- Palm print mug, Primark, £2 – I really think this print is fabulous, I’ll actually be using it for storing my pens in rather than drinking tea.
- Hessian basket set, Aldi, £4.99 – I’ve been looking for something to corral stray vegetables in for some time now and these fitted the bill perfectly. I really like the rustic look of them too.
Well, that complete’s my Next, Matalan and Primark homeware haul. I have a sneaking suspicion there may be another one next month!
What did you like best? Have you found any bargains this month? Let me know in the comments.