Today’s post is a little different, so if you’d like to get to know the gal behind this blog a little bit better, stick around!
Last week I was running around like a headless chicken, trying to pack up virtually our entire house for a 3 day trip to Dorset. A message popped up from fellow blogger, Lane Beck, to say that he’d nominated me for an Awesome Blogger Award!
Sorry to sound like a broken record if you’ve ever read my posts on why I blog, but it always amazes me how supportive the blogging community is. Whether you’re just starting out or you’ve been blogging for years, it really doesn’t matter. Thank you so much for nominating me Lane, it means a lot.
Lane has his own very awesome blog Travel inspire connect. I don’t get to travel as much as I’d like these days, so it’s great be a virtual tourist thanks to Lane’s fantastic photography and enticing travel tales. Go check it out!
Alright. Here we go…
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Tag your post with #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
My Questions with Answers:
- What is the last book you read? It was The little book of hygge. You can find out what I thought of it (and more to the point what the heck hygge actually is) in my review right here.
- When and why did you begin blogging? I’ve been reading blogs for years, especially interior blogs and always wanted to write my own. When I moved to a new house I felt like it would be the perfect opportunity, with so many decorating projects in the pipeline.
- What is the most interesting thing you have ever done? Become a parent! I mean, it’s like I reached my thirties – finally had life all figured out and then someone pulled the rug from under me. I had to go back and read the manual for life, except there is no manual. I’m a Psychology graduate, so human behaviour really interests me and seeing this little person develop day-by-day is completely fascinating to me.
- Tell us about a time you stepped way outside your comfort zone? See above – especially when my son was first born. It’s impossible to prepare yourself for how much your life changes when kiddos come along!
- Who or what most inspires you? I’m really inspired by creative entrepreneurs, people who decide to step out of the corporate daily grind and do something they’re passionate about. Several years ago, I read a book called ‘How to be a free range human’ by Marianne Cantwell and it really resonated with me. It’s such an inspiring read if you dream about quitting the 9-5.
- What do you most enjoy eating when no one is looking? Chocolate and if there’s no chocolate then Nutella straight out of the jar. Shhh, don’t judge me.
- If you could meet and/or interview anyone for your blog, who would you choose? There are so many! But I would really love to interview Angel Adoree, who appeared in a BBC program ‘Escape the the Chateau‘. She and her husband moved from a two bedroom flat in Essex, to a dilapidated 45 room French Chateau and began renovating it. I would love to chat to her about renovating such a unique property, her interior inspiration, vintage crafts, running a business and what it’s like to raise a family in a fairy-tale castle. Obviously I’d need to have a tour of the Chateau, whilst sipping a large glass of vin rouge too.
- What tip(s) would you give to someone who is just getting started blogging? Don’t try to do everything at once. Set yourself specific goals to work towards and focus on them. I felt so overwhelmed when I first started blogging and this advice really helped me to keep going.
- What is your dream job? A freelance photographer who travels the world photographing the world’s most breathtaking landscapes.
- What is your favorite holiday destination and what do/would you most enjoy doing there? We love taking road trips across America exploring the coast and national parks (and OK lots of shopping too).
My Awesome blogger award nominees:
All extremely awesome blogs that I love to read often. Thank you lovely ladies for being such a source of inspiration!
- If you had a second blog, what would your niche be?
- Which blog do you love reading?
- If a friend was coming for dinner, what would you cook?
- What’s been your biggest challenge when it comes to blogging?
- Favourite item of furniture?
- Favourite blog post you’ve written?
- Which holiday destination would you most like to visit?
- What book are you reading right now?
- Favourite quote?
- The best thing about blogging?
Looking forward to reading your answers if you have time!